• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets in Lr mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save presets into Lightroom mobile most of them don’t show up unless I’m in the actual photo that supplied the preset. I just purchased these and it was successfully able to import them and save them but I can’t access them under the user presets. I’m new to this so there could be something I’m missing but I purchased 27 of them they do not show up I downloaded three for free and those the only ones that show up when I import new photos. It looks like I don’t have any presets but when I go in to the photo that has the preset to add a preset it shows all of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

What you could do Tiffany is go to the DNG and choose the Preset that you want.

Then from the top elipsis (three dots) choose Create Preset.

Turn off the Profile checkbox and name it similarly but with ’no_pro’ at the end.

This may then work on other formats and may be acceptable, give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiffany, it may be that a part of the Presets as only compatible with certain file type. This thread, although a desktop one, outlines that:

Lightroom CC 1.5: I have about 40 user presets but can only see 30 | Photoshop Family Customer Commu...

I imagine the photo supplied was a DNG? Are the others Jpegs for instance?

On Desktop and I believe Android there is a 'Show Partially Compatible Presets' option. What Mobile device so you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

All of the presets I have say DNG on them but three of them work fine but the 27 that I just purchased don’t Show up under the user presets. I have an iPhone so whatever the pictures save as I believe they are JPEG’s. I’m sorry I’m new to all this so I’m not sure on all the technical terms of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries! If your device supports it, trying taking a DNG (Captire RAW Images) with the Camera in the app (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile app on iOS) and see if you can see the presets when editing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked the presets must be compatible with only the DNG photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you could do Tiffany is go to the DNG and choose the Preset that you want.

Then from the top elipsis (three dots) choose Create Preset.

Turn off the Profile checkbox and name it similarly but with ’no_pro’ at the end.

This may then work on other formats and may be acceptable, give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you so much for your help on this it totally works!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I have the same exact problem. The solution above worked for me but then when I unclick profile it also unclicks Color - which means all the color edits don’t get copied over, which is clearly part of the preset.

If if I copy the settings and paste it to my own photo, it works fine so I don’t think it’s a compatibility issue.

Anyone find a solution where the preset is actually saveed?

hopefully that makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, small problem that!

When you copy over the settings, can you then create a preset from the new photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been investigating this case for the past two weeks.  Believe me, I have went through every post in forums and methods suggested to try and resolve this.  It has been hugely disappointing since we all have paid to use Adobe systems but there is a serious bug (or flaw) in the most recent Lightroom Mobile update.  I must have collectively spent over 10+ hours on it.

Most of us who have encountered this problem have perfectly functioning Lightroom Mobile apps where presets synced immediately once we loaded it on our Desktop version.  After the update to the Lightroom Mobile is applied, these presets started disappearing, or you will get a "Missing Profile" pop-up after applying a specific preset.

I initially suspected that it was due to the integration of preset profiles between Camera Raw and Lightroom. In other words, if your preset ends with a .lrtemplate, it will be deemed as partially incompatible unless it is converted to .xmp.  I thought this was the issue since I created a new preset and applied some settings, it would sync to my mobile (as it is .xmp) but that my older presets (.lrtemplate) did not.

I tried converting it automatically by removing all my presets, and importing them again into Lightroom. It failed.  I bought an online converter (Preset Brewery) to convert them to .xmp.  It failed (still showed up as Partially Compatible Preset).  I copied hundreds of presets manually into the Adobe File System where presets are stored.  It failed.

The only resolution as someone mentioned here, is to create a new presets, and copy an existing preset setting into this new preset.  That is the only way it would sync.  However, this meant that I have create over 100+ presets manually.  Which is a frustrating waste of time.  I did only for my favourite 4-5 presets.

ALL presets deemed as Partially Compatible will not show up on Lightroom Mobile, when it did in the past.

Can Adobe PLEASE enable this function on my mobile as it is extremely frustrating for all of us to lose the most important part of any photo editing or processing?

It is not a matter of applying on DNG, or JPG as some have mentioned here.

Please resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - As of today's release of 4.2 (iOS and Android) you can now Hide/Show Partially Compatible Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem under iOS with Lightroom-Mobile. Want to create my own presets, as well as saving bought ones. Two hours of experimenting (wasted lifetime) to make it work. But no matter what I do, my personality created presets do not show up - even though when I create a custom folder. Nothing works this is clearly a bug! I think so.....iPadOS 17.2 ipad pro 2022...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines