• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets in new Lightroom app?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to sync the presets that I have created in the new Lightroom desktop app so that they appear in the new Lightroom mobile app?  I am not seeing the user presets folder only Color, Creative, B&W, and Components.  I also don't see anyway to create a new preset in the Lightroom mobile app for IOS.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Only by uploading a file with them and using Copy and Paste. While it's partly to sell his own presets, this Peter McKinnon video covers it with some neat ideas:

Using LIGHTROOM PRESETS on your MOBILE SMART PHONE!! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, wrong application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by uploading a file with them and using Copy and Paste. While it's partly to sell his own presets, this Peter McKinnon video covers it with some neat ideas:

Using LIGHTROOM PRESETS on your MOBILE SMART PHONE!! - YouTube

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that in the new 'take your work anywhere' universe presents would sync. This is a massive disappointment and renders this whole project utterly useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only version 1.0... I'm sure it'll be added, it's just not there yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of having your photos available everywhere.  But I really think that in order for this new Lightroom CC app to be relevant to professional photographers, Lightroom is going to have to improve the syncing and use of 3rd party presets.  Professionals not only need their workflow to be everywhere, they need it to be the quickest possible and that is really only achieved with simple syncing and presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm doing right now is loading my images into Classic first, where I can apply my presets as before, and then synchronize them to the Cloud. I can then edit them in Mobile when I'm away from the computer.

But you're right: we need to be able to apply presets to sets of images if we have to import into Mobile first. This is how I want to do it when I'm on the road. Currently I can use Cloud as a backup of imports made on the road, and that's it.

It would also be nice to have LR edit history be synched with the images, so thst it could be modified or deleted in the same way as in Classic. A fundamental element of Lightroom protocol is that images are stored in their original form, with the current stste indicated by an edit history in the Catalog. Now we have to keep in mind that whenever edits made in Mobile are synched back to Classic, a new, modified image replaces the original and the record of individual edits in Mobile is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to have presets sync as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why this isn't implemented.  If Lightroom is supposed to be for professionals...I need my presets for 99% of my work.  Every pro and enthusiast I know uses presets as a base to start from.  Not having access to our presets makes Lightroom Mobile CC useless to me and my peers.  Any word of pending implementation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marco64929270  wrote

If Lightroom is supposed to be for professionals...

Lightroom CLASSIC is designed for professionals. Lightroom CC is just a baby by comparison, and it's likely to be some time before it has all the features pros need. Adobe haven't announced a timescale, but they know it's a popular request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're both for Professionals and Enthusiasts.  I've never seen any information to the contrary.  Please show me where I can find that information and better understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, the marketing team are a little excitable so they haven't specifically said "not for pros" publicly. Some pros may be able to use it, but it's a version 1 app, and therefore has a very limited featureset at this time.

It'll grow up over time, but look at the features they've included for the first release to get an idea of their initial target audience... simple interface, barely any file management tools, sync between mobiles/tablets/etc., automatic tagging and intelligent search. More pro features will no doubt come in time as it matures, but this is  primarily targeted at "mobile-first" and amateur photographers at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rather shocked this wasn't included. I really like the new lightroom CC cloud, and the iOS app! But they need develop Presets in the next update... Please Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the June 2018 version of lrm android lets you create user presets......but I have not figured out how to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently only loading and copying the settings and then pasting them. By the way here I leave you for you to download .

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines