• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview - not editable

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched and searched, I'm shure it's something simple and I'm being an idiot, but I can't edit my synced photos in LR on ipad. All menus are grey, and when I tap the cloud symbol it says: Lokal: Preview - not editable. Not photos synced from LR Classic on my mac, nor photos taken on the ipad itself.

Long time lightroomer, new to LR CC.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please try out our 5.3.1 release and let us know if it helped.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ignacio. I first updated to the latest .1 of ipad OS, and then updated Lightroom to 5.3.1, it was 5.2.5. I had no real hopes, but wouldn't you know; LR editing now works as far as I can tell!

Now, I don't what was wrong, really, and what fixed it, which is a bit annoying...

I guess you also don't know why this was, and why in the cloud symbol it said: Lokal: Preview - not editable. At first I was pretty shure that it wasn't LRs fault, that it was me not setting it up correctly. And I still think that might be true and that either the OS or the LR updates reset something that I had messed up.

By the way; now when I tap the cloud symbol it says: Local - Smart Preview, and Cloud Backup - Smart Preview. The photos haven't changed; they are Smart Previews synced from LR Classic and a few shot on the ipad.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem ... iPad OS and Lightroom are up to date and when I tap de cloud symbol it shows - Local: Preview - not editable ... what is the solution ???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines