Highlighted

Problem importing RAW files to Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having imported and edited the RAW X3F files from my old Sigma SD15 on Lightroom Desktop (CC) I can then edit them on my iPad using Lightroom Mobile. However if I try and import the RAW files to my iPad the file format isn’t readable by Lightroom Mobile at the import stage.  As it works with the Desktop version what are the chances that the Mobile import setting can be changed to make it work?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem importing RAW files to Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having imported and edited the RAW X3F files from my old Sigma SD15 on Lightroom Desktop (CC) I can then edit them on my iPad using Lightroom Mobile. However if I try and import the RAW files to my iPad the file format isn’t readable by Lightroom Mobile at the import stage.  As it works with the Desktop version what are the chances that the Mobile import setting can be changed to make it work?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi digi2Ap

Sorry for the slow reply here.  I tried using the same type of files I was able to obtain, and the iOS platform has trouble with this type of image.  For example, I was not able to import these kinds of images from my SD card to the iOS Camera Roll.

For now, I hope it is a reasonable workaround for you and others to import via Lightroom on the desktop, or via lightroom.adobe.com (our web client).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
digi2Ap LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie D.  I have tried the web client now and it is indeed a useful workaround.  Would be great of the iOS platform could adopt the same import options though.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1