Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about file sync from LRmobile

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if I could use my ipad to download RAW pictures for my memory cards when I'm travelling, and try to begin selecting pictures and a quickly apply some settings.

I think the app will be very good for this, but I'm wondering how the files will be sync when I'm back home.

Suppose I've got 16 Gb of pictures on my ipad.

Is there a way to sync this without using Adobe servers?

Considering my internet connexion speed, 16 Gb of data will take 3 to 4 full days to transfer to the cloud, and then a few hours to be transfered to my desktop computer. I can't wait this long to have the files on my computer

Is there a way to transfer the files directly through the local network, or by an USB cable?

If I upload the same files from my memory card on my desktop computer, will LR recognize that the files are the same and sync only the flags, stars and settings?

I would like to know if this type of use is possible before buying the SD card adapter for my ipad...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Hi Soji_Okita,

Without internet you cannot sync your images from Lightroom and download them on other devices running Lr.

If those images are taken from Lr mobile then you can export those images and transfer them on your computer but, your Lr edits like flagging,stars,settings will not be included.Refer How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Soji_Okita,

Without internet you cannot sync your images from Lightroom and download them on other devices running Lr.

If those images are taken from Lr mobile then you can export those images and transfer them on your computer but, your Lr edits like flagging,stars,settings will not be included.Refer How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Akash and thanks for your answer.

When I travel, I just have my ipad with me, no computer.

What I wanted to do is to use my ipad to load all my pictures, begin to flag them (keepers, etc...), and sometimes post a few pictures on my icloud shared album.

But, when I get back home, I can't wait several days to have this photos on my computer.

And If I have to lose all my flags, stars & settings, there is no point in all this.

So, as I understand, I can't use Lightroom Mobile for this, I have to use a computer and a "real" Lightroom to do what I want...

I think I really miss a feature like "export as catalog" for original files stored on Lightroom Mobile... to avoid my pictures being "trapped" into Ligthroom mobile, and subject to intern sync issues.

That would also solve my other problem with LR mobile:

DNG images upload from ipad always pending

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines