• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective edit functions greyed out

Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using Lightroom CC on an iPad and I can't see how to use selective edit functions as they are greyed out. I'm aware that you have to have an Adobe subscription, which I do, but I don't recalling having to log in. In which case, perhaps my question is, where do I log in? I downloaded the Creative Cloud app and logged in there, thinking it might tell LR that I have a subscription but it didn't. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Are you maybe trying to make adjustments prior to creating an actual adjustment point? Here’s the process, please tell me if this works, or where it fails for you:

Step 1: Open selective adjustments, and all parameters are initially inactive waiting for a local adjustment to be created. press “+” in the upper left corner to add a local adjustment.

00818230-CD4C-4F59-B41A-EB450E91C984.jpeg

Step 2: Choose the type of local adjustment (Linear, Radial, Brush). Here I’ll choose Radial.

631856B3-F089-464A-BD5F-5438712FD5FB.jpeg

Step 3: Drag to create a local adjustment. The pin and adj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On an iPad, log in to your Adobe account by tapping the “Lr” icon in the upper left corner of the main screen. Make sure to use the same Adobe ID as your active subscription; many people have run into difficulty from using different Adobe IDs.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. That's what I was looking for. But as it turns out, I was already logged in. And I still get the selective edit functions greyed out. Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Michael. I'm still can't access the selective edit functions as they are greyed out even though I am logged in. Any other ideas? Thanks. Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you maybe trying to make adjustments prior to creating an actual adjustment point? Here’s the process, please tell me if this works, or where it fails for you:

Step 1: Open selective adjustments, and all parameters are initially inactive waiting for a local adjustment to be created. press “+” in the upper left corner to add a local adjustment.

00818230-CD4C-4F59-B41A-EB450E91C984.jpeg

Step 2: Choose the type of local adjustment (Linear, Radial, Brush). Here I’ll choose Radial.

631856B3-F089-464A-BD5F-5438712FD5FB.jpeg

Step 3: Drag to create a local adjustment. The pin and adjustment mask appear in the image, with controls on the left, and parameters are now active on the right.

22DAAE8B-59FD-461A-A60B-C3CF370B1EB8.png

Does that help?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's precisely it! I wasn't choosing a local adjustment point beforehand. Many thanks Michael, really appreciate it.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rich,

I’m glad I was able to help! Happy editing 🙂

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines