• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious design and programming flaw in Lightroom mobile synching. I can't make it stop or disable it.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom mobile for Android for around 2 years and have liked it very much. I don't want to synch any photos to the Adobe cloud or anything. I just want the simple, free, no frills app.

This morning I used the share feature to get a photo from the Photoshop Express app to the Lightroom app and apparently it started a 30 day trial of something (a new banner appeared in Lightroom saying I have 30 days left) and the app started synching my hundreds of photos to the cloud. I immediately paused the synch, and it said the upload is paused with 730 photos pending. BUT THE PHOTOS CONTINUED SYNCHING! The count went from 730 down to 530 and lower, all while saying uploading is paused. I turned off WiFi and the app said synching has stopped since I have not enabled synching over mobile data. BUT THE APP CONTINUED SYNCHING USING MY MOBILE DATA! I pay for data as I use it so this cost me money. I looked through all the settings but couldn't find a setting to disable synching. I closed the app and later reopened it to see the count of pending uploads continue to decrease with the app closed. I couldn't get the synching to stop! I had to uninstall the app! I uninstalled all Adobe products from my phone!

Now I've lost all the many hours of work I've done on hundreds of photos. The only photos I didn't lose the work on are the the ones I see when I log into my Lightroom account online to find a few hundred photos there that I did not choose to synch and actively tried to stop synching.

Adobe seriously needs to fix this. When your users don't want to synch, don't force them. I'll be finding a different photo editing app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The App is currently designed to sync everything to the Cloud (which is a fundamental of the Lightroom Ecosystem).

The really annoying thing is that you started a trial that you didn’t want.

Regarding the syncing I don’t quite understand why the syncing didn’t stop (although it maybe to do with once it has started syncing those photos, it wants to finish them?).

Unfortunately, deleting the app will delete all the unsynced photos.

The best thing to do would probably have been to turn Data off within the Android OS until you reached WiFi.

Do you back your phone up, and if so, could these lost photos be there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was initially uploading on WiFi, but pausing the upload did not stop it from uploading so I turned the WiFi off. I don't understand why the synching and uploading did not stop either, especially on my mobile data. This is a serious flaw that needs to be fixed.

I do not have a backup of my phone. All the photos are gone. Thank for the idea, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines