• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shoot Lightroom Camera Photos directly into an album?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Lightroom CC app on my Iphone.  In reading several posts, I get the impression that if I create an album, and then select the camera and capture an image, it should go into the album I selected.   That is not happening though, the only place my images turn up are in the LR Camera Photos folder.  

Any way to shoot directly into an album I create?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

The behaviour was changed from shooting into the current Album to shooting into the LR Camera Photos Album (apparently due to customer requests).

Add your vote here to request the return of the old behaviour (I have!):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-bring-back-option-to-save-camera-photos-to-album/idi-p/12232765 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually sounds like a cool feature to have. But I'm almost certain Lightroom CC app doesn't works that way. I do know you can have photos automatically add to an Album from your camera roll (the feature is called "Auto Add From Camera Roll").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour was changed from shooting into the current Album to shooting into the LR Camera Photos Album (apparently due to customer requests).

Add your vote here to request the return of the old behaviour (I have!):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-bring-back-option-to-save-cam... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I want to be able to take photos with the Lightroom camera app on y iPhone and add them to the album I am in bout it is only adding Lr camera photos

i Have seen a post saying this feature was removed but this was from 2020 but when you read this documentation it clearly says it should add to the album

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/how-to/lightroom-mobile-manage-albums.html

this is dated 25/8/22

this behaviour is on both my new iPhone 14 pro max and my iPad Air 4 both phone running iOS 16.1.2 and iPadOS is 16.1.1, Lightroom is version 8.0.1 on both devices

any ideas how to solve this as don't want to be paying for copies to be stored in nboth iCloud and adobe and have to remove unwanted photos in both too!!!

thanks

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neil Bottger  I will have the Help document corrected. Thanks for reporting. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rikk

one question above describes the Lr camera photos as an album but when I go into a photo in there I have no option to remove it from the album unless I delete it

is this right?

one of the things I like about Lightroom is the ability to organise and this goes against everything that you can do in terms of organisation and May as well 

just use Apple photos

thanks for your help

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines