• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slightly Puzzled: Lr sync from iPad 11” and Cloud Quota

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm giving Lr Mobile a shot.  My desired workflow is to use my iPad (11") as my traveling photography management platform.  I will load images from SD (not unusual to shot 300-500 images in a day) to the iPad.  These images for now will be DNG, but may eventually become JPG after I've convinced myself they are fine for my purposes.

I signed up for the free trial to give the management side of Lr a test; I'm not too worried about the editing capabilities.

For both these tests, I had the iPad plugged in and the don't allow sleep option set to on.

My first test was pretty easy: 51 files, .964 GB.  Frankly much smaller than a typical days work.  Syncing to cloud took 16 minutes.  That's about 1 mb/s throughput.  Pretty slow if you ask me.  I tested my network and it's as it has been for many years; 250-400 mb/s download, 15 mb/s upload.

The second test was a little more realistic for my use: 259 files, 3.13 GB.  The speed didn't scale well, it took about 2.5 hours to do the sync.  That is about 1/2 mb/s throughput.

What is the deal here?  I'm sorry for having to ask, but, I've not been able to websurf up any real answers to this.

Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Perhaps this question scrolled of the front page of the forum too quickly.

Does anyone have input on this issue?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm doing the same thing now as you're contemplating. Our workflows and project sizes are similar enough. 

The problem with a comparison is I have 100 up and down. Although I've never put a watch on it, just checking passively, everything seems to sync in a very reasonable timeline. 

Now this past weekend I was doing a shoot on the road and was in a hotel with about 5 mbps. I had several hundred shots on my card, and again although I wasn't specifically checking, by the time I did a number of edits and had a Coke and a sandwich, it all appeared to be done. I do shoot Raw + jpg fine in my Z 6 so I do have a reasonable file size. It's a non-issue in my experience and I love being able to take my iPad Pro on the road. 

Any chance your iPad has a slower data rate for some reason? Mine is the most recent large one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines