Highlighted

Smart preview issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with Lr CC and because I’m using the iPad to do all the editing I trying to solve this quite urgently.

Not easy to explain btw.

Anyway.

My workflow is as follows: once pics have been uploaded to LR Classic and put into an album to share via LrCC, I wait for The smart previews to be made.

I then move to the iPad for the editing.

Man I have the album with all the mages synced.

What happens now is my issue.

Lr CC on my iPad has to ”load” the smart preview of the images every time I open them.

Which means I can only work if I have an ongoing connection.

I would have presumed that once the images were synced with my iPad they were ready (as smart previews) to be used. Instead, I have to go through every one of my 3259 images so the smart preview loads in order to be able to edit even in a no connection environment.

The question is, am I missing something or not selected something that allows this or is this the way it works?

would be amazing if once the syncing has finished the previews were all loaded as well.

Hope I was clear enough.

Any help very much appreciated.

Alex.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

Prior to being offline, tap the three dots next to the Album an select Store Locally.

This is will allow you to work with that Album offline and the edits will sync when you again have connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Smart preview issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with Lr CC and because I’m using the iPad to do all the editing I trying to solve this quite urgently.

Not easy to explain btw.

Anyway.

My workflow is as follows: once pics have been uploaded to LR Classic and put into an album to share via LrCC, I wait for The smart previews to be made.

I then move to the iPad for the editing.

Man I have the album with all the mages synced.

What happens now is my issue.

Lr CC on my iPad has to ”load” the smart preview of the images every time I open them.

Which means I can only work if I have an ongoing connection.

I would have presumed that once the images were synced with my iPad they were ready (as smart previews) to be used. Instead, I have to go through every one of my 3259 images so the smart preview loads in order to be able to edit even in a no connection environment.

The question is, am I missing something or not selected something that allows this or is this the way it works?

would be amazing if once the syncing has finished the previews were all loaded as well.

Hope I was clear enough.

Any help very much appreciated.

Alex.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

Prior to being offline, tap the three dots next to the Album an select Store Locally.

This is will allow you to work with that Album offline and the edits will sync when you again have connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2019 1
MisterC LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

I was just going to try this option as you response came through. Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2019 0