• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Mobile LR Fail to Import

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues importing some JPG photos into mobile LR. The photos I am trying to import are syncd to my iPhone X from my Mac. When I tried to import photos into the mobile LR app, I get "X photos failed to Import". This never happened to me before until recently.  I've done the following in hopes to resolve my issue:

1. cleared my cache on LR

2. Removed and reinstalled LR

3. Restarted the iPhone

4. Turned on read/write under privacy for LR

5. Deleted all images from my cloud account

6. removed all photos from iPhone and then resync'd al photos from my Mac

So far no luck.. Has anyone seen this before? 

I'm using the latest version of mobile LR for iOS v4.4.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve seen it when the photo is already in the Cloud.

Are the photos syncing from Lightroom Classic Collections on your Mac as Smart Previews? 

And when you deleted from the Cloud, did you unsync the Collection? i.e. could it still be trying to push the image to the Cloud from there.. just guessing on that part!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't sync Lightroom Classic to the cloud. What I did from my MAC was export the images as jpeg, then imported those photos into there MAC Photos app. Eventually I sync my photos and the photo albums created into my iPhone. 

Even though I can't add/import photos from the LR iOS app, I can however upload these same photos my going to the web Lightroom.adobe.com, and upload it that way. Then when I open the app on my iPhone I can see the photos. So the problem still remains I can't import. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
please send us a diagnostic log - you need the iOS mail client to be running on your device:
1. tap on settings (gear icon)
2. select Help & Support
3. do a long tap on "Access our Support Forum"

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just submitted this. I wasn't aware of this options. Hopefully this can be resolved in short order.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the photos that you upload via the Web don’t obviously need importing via Mobile.

As for the photos that aren’t yet in Lightroom Cloud, could it be that you have iCloud photos turned on and the photos in your Camera Roll and previews/proxies and this Lightroom needs the full resolution to import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web browser import is to show that I can load/sync these same picture files into Lightroom.adobe. com. but can't through the mobile app. There pictures when synced, LR mobile, to my phone can be opened and edited without problems. These pictures files are not from iCloud instead locally stored in the iPhone. So they are not previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines