Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Removal Tool in Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does anyone know of any plans to introduce the Spot Removal or Healing tool to Lightroom Mobile?  It would make it far better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

If you really need that tool it is available in the Computer, Desktop, version of LR. And would be better to do that type of work on a real computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never announces its future plans, so there is no one here who can answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really need that tool it is available in the Computer, Desktop, version of LR. And would be better to do that type of work on a real computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?

There re is absolutely no reason why that would be better to do on a desktop computer. The iPad is a touch interface, which now has a very accurate pen tool. With the non destructive type of spot healing that is available on the desktop version of Lightroom it would be a breeze to do dust spotting and small blemish  removal of hairs and other small things that are tedious and time consuming to do on the desktop version.

i already have switched to doing a large amont of my spot healing in Lightroom, from Photoshop as it's easy, fast and in the same workflow as my raw editing and I can then have a non destructive archive referencing my files with nearly all the work I need done on the images In one place.

I shoot mostly film and do high res scans and so dust spotting and hair removal is the most used task for this in my workflow. It would be so time saving to be able to do this in the Lightroom mobile app.

Saying that it would be better to do it on a real computer is completely short sighted. Haven't you noticed, an ipad/or other similar devices have slowly become the real computers.

I know of the workaround using Adobe photoshop fix, but the problem here is that it's creating a new flattened file. This is a file that is based off a smart preview, then saved to your device and then synced back in the cloud. It is not the original file and it is not full resolution. I want to still be able to head back to my main computer and export the files from my archive at full size.

Whatever makes the input more organic is going to win out. Please Adobe, could you make this possible. I want to buy the new iPad and I want to keep supporting Apple and Adob, but you need to start responding to the professionals needs

Alll the best

Padraic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Lightroom has implemented spot healing, it takes a lot of computer horsepower to perform multiple healing operations, and probably the iPad doesn't have as much horsepower as your computer.

The way Photoshop has implemented spot healing will be faster than Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So tell me how does it work so well in Photoshop Fix on the iPad. And I know for a fact that an ipads processer (I have an iPad 4 - and its fine for speed.) is more than powerful enough to make this possible. The newest iPad Pro is a beast for what it is. So that doesn't hold water anymore.

Also, it's ok if it's not as fast. It's more convenient and would  great to be able to use the touch screen functionality. Why have all this touch screen functionality if it just isn't being used. Seems like a real waste of potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the non-destructive editing way it is implemented in LR requires more computer horsepower than the way it is implemented in Photoshop (which is destructive editing). If you're doing a single spot heal on a photo, it probably doesn't matter. If you are doing a few dozen on the same photo, LR will be slow and requires lots of computer horsepower, to the point where many people's computer slow down to unusability; I'm sure an iPad would do that same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you not been taking note of the specs on the iPad Pro line? They are benchmarking faster than the current crop of MacBooks. My 2008 MBP can do it just fine and it is very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn’t agree more regarding the missing spot removal functionality on mobile devices. I travel extensively and purposely bought an iPad Pro, with the pen, so I wouldn’t have to lug my Mac everywhere I go. Super frustrating having this high powered iPad and not having all the Lightroom tools I pay for and thought I could use wherever I go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

annas152730  wrote

I couldn’t agree more regarding the missing spot removal functionality on mobile devices. I travel extensively and purposely bought an iPad Pro, with the pen, so I wouldn’t have to lug my Mac everywhere I go. Super frustrating having this high powered iPad and not having all the Lightroom tools I pay for and thought I could use wherever I go. 

You are in the wrong place to discuss adding features to Lightroom. This is not the right forum.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. There's no reason for the healing brush not to be in lightroom mobile, except that it hasn't been developed yet.

I'm a massive fan of Snapseed, and this has some great features, including healing brush ability.

Other thing I'm struggling with LR mobile, is I can't find a generic full photo sharpen feature. Only the ability to create a selective mask and sharpen that. Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this the “correct” answer??? You can’t do it on an iPad only because it’s not implemented in LR Mobile. The “reason” given is a complete judgment call with no actual basis. What is ”better” for one person won’t be for the next. I would far rather do simple spot removal on an iPad, so that method would clearly be “better” for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Spot Removal Tool isn't implemented yet, but if you take a closer look, you can tell that they will implement it soon. When you copy the settings of a picture you can choose what to copy and in that list you can see "spot removal" although its not implemented yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think that means anything. LR mobile will copy over edits even if they can only be done on the desktop. This kind of allows you to make presets even with settings mobile doesn’t support by editing an image in the desktop, synch it with mobile and then copy those settings to other images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines