Highlighted

Sync - not sure how it works - several questions

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I get a photo in Lightroom Mobile to show up in Lighroom Classic or vice versa?
  2. If I delete photos in Lightroom mobile, will it be deleted also in Lightroom Classic?
  3. I have photos that are said to be 4032x3024, 2.2 mb, on Lightroom Mobile. But when shared via gmail or Flickr, the size is less than half (700kb). Why is that?

I am aware that the answer might be obvious to some, but I am struggling to understand... Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync - not sure how it works - several questions

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I get a photo in Lightroom Mobile to show up in Lighroom Classic or vice versa?
  2. If I delete photos in Lightroom mobile, will it be deleted also in Lightroom Classic?
  3. I have photos that are said to be 4032x3024, 2.2 mb, on Lightroom Mobile. But when shared via gmail or Flickr, the size is less than half (700kb). Why is that?

I am aware that the answer might be obvious to some, but I am struggling to understand... Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjorn,

1. With sync on in Classic all photos in LrM will sync to the cloud and down the folder set in Classic's preferences. To sync to LrM from Classic, would you create Collections and sync them (this would only sync lower res Smart Previews).

2. If the file has synced to Classic then you can delete from LrM and the photo in Classic will not be deleted.

3. What happens when you export to a different location? Is it the same?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Regarding last question: it seems like that, yes. I have tried to share to Flickr and gmail.

Bjorn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0