• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync only specific directories with Android LR?

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really love to use LR Mobile to sync with my LR Classic and CC but I'm having an issue.  Surely there's a way around it, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  I say surely there's an answer because the problem is rather obvious and annoying

It's great that I can use my phone, snap a pic, and immediately sync across all my devices.  However, any time I save any kind of image onto my phone from any kind of source, those images also get synced.  For example, I'm I'm poking around google images and find some cute cat pics and download them to my phone, they suddenly get synced across all devices.  If I'm on a dating site and want to save save some pics to my phone, then suddenly "hot singles in my area" are also saved to all of my Lightrooms. 

I definitely don't want to manually sync each and every photo I take with my camera.  I just want to sync the directory that holds my camera images to sync.  If I want to sync "hot singles from my area" or dogs pics, I'd be happy to do that manually (which I'd never do nor have the need to do).

sooooooo

Can I specify *specific* directories on my phone to sync with LR?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iOS if you have 'Auto Add' on it will import everything that arrives in the Camera Roll and I assume that's the same for Android.

I think the best option may be to use the Lightroom App's camera if you don't want dogs or hot singles in the your cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto add ads everything in the camera roll..... And every other image and graphic that gets loaded onto the phone LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately yes Zoe.

I do think the only way around it is to turn Auto Add off and use the camera within Lightroom Mobile... I know I need to more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does nobody try living with these products before they get released??

Why should Zoe have to change her camera app to use Adobe software??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines