Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync problems between iOS and Android - Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

First time I write here and I hope you can help me.

I'm using Lightroom CC in my tablet (iOS) and also in my mobile phone (Samsung - Android).

The point is that sometimes (not always but not very rare situation...) I do my stuff in iOs, spend some time tuning my photo and then I go to my phone and the photo has lost all properties / changes I made.

The point is that the thumbnail appears correct (same as in the tablet) but once I open it, it made a quick load showing the final result, but suddenly it turns as the original picture without any change. And I don't find a way to rescue the tuning I made on the tablet in my phone.

As I said at the beginning, it is something that happens and I do not have an explanation / way to replicate this in purpose.

Won't lie, I find this very disappointing.

I don't know if I'm the only one or if this is something that can be solved, but to me, it looks like a big bug.

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garracar,

Sorry that you're facing sync issues with Lightroom on Android and iOS.

Could you please check out the steps mentioned below:

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

First of all, thank you so much for your help.

Unfortunately, after following your steps, those pictures who were not synced are still not synced.

It looks like "something" happened in the middle and there is no way to recover this. So, it looks like that at some point, Android and iOS are looking "different clouds". I understand it does not make any sense, but the truth is like if they were 2 different pictures (one with the iOS configuration and the other one with the Android).

Again, something that not always happen, but around 1 out of 10 / 20 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please check out the below steps?

• Sign out from Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in back and check if issue persists.
  • Obtaining diagnostic logs in Lightroom. By navigating to Lightroom>preferences>lightroom mobile and hold the Option(Mac) or Alt (Windows) key to obtain diagnostic logs in html format:

The Lr Mobile app log can be triggered via a long press on the top left LR Icon within the LrM settings which brings up a diagnostic log attached to the local mail client.

• Ensuring Lightroom mobile runs as a foreground app by making sure phone does not go in sleep mode.

Please provide us a Screenshot of Upload and download speed from mobile device and from the mobile devices.

Also, ensure that Lightroom mobile on both IOS & android version is up to date

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues I followed the STEPS and they didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having similar issue from many months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Exactly The same issue too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone get a solution? After experimentation, this issue only occurs with photos taken on the Samsung phone. I upload the photo to Lightroom on the Samsung. Then I edit it on my iPad. Then when I go back to the Samsung Lightroom, the thumbnail shows the edits but when I open the photo the edits disappear and the original photo appears despite the iPad showing an edited version of the photo. This is a big bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue As  me. using  android and ipad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still persists.

I have both Jpg and Raw file on LR Mobile. I edit photo on Ipad and view on Huawei P20

but this issue won't be affected on Raw file.  I hope Adobe will fix this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a web browser, if you sign into your account at https://lightroom.adobe.com/, do you see the expected edits there?  Does restarting your mobile app help the changes appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon opening Lightroom on my desktop after having opened it online first it began to sync properly. This fixed the issue for me thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still exists, and has for over a year now. I can confirm that photos edited on my computer show up correctly with edits online on ios and in android. Photos edited in android show up correctly with edits online, in iOS and on my computer. photos edited on iOS show up correctly with edits online and on the computer, but have this issue on android. In the gallery view, the thumbnails are correct, and it then load the thumbnail when you tap on it and it's trying to load the rest, but when it finishes loading the actual photo, it shows the original with no transferred edits. Because of this, you can infer that the issue is on the android loading side, or a join issue with how iOS uploads synced edits and android downloads them not working properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines