• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails (some) missing on iOS, but appearing on desktop CC (Mac and Win)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run LR-CC on desktop Windows and Mac, and on mobile iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Thumbnails are missing from the Gallery View for some photos from my mobile devices.
They are replaced by Cloud+Exclamation Mark icons
If I click on an icon it downloads and shows the Smart Preview for the (.jpg) photo correctly
If I return to the gallery the thumbnail has not been rebuilt. It is still the Cloud + ! icon.

On my desktop clients (Windows and Mac) the thumbnails render fine.

NOTE:
Everything is fully synchronised

All LRCC and OS versions on all devices are up to date
I have tried purging the cache on mobile devices. Didn't work.
I have tried deleting and full reinstalling the app on my mobile device. Didn't work.
Photo count is the same in all views.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

From iOS device:

IMG_0818.PNG

Same view on Mac Desktop

IMG_0816.JPG

I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to make a tiny edit from within Lr CC desktop and let it sync and see if this helps to create a new version of the thumbnail on the server-side. - Guido/ LrMobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is anyone else having this issue? I am having the same problem, any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this exact same issue.....cannot seem to figure it it out. I just moved to LR Classic CC. Photos synced from LR Classic CC on my Mac and not a problem viewing those cloud based photos in LR CC on the same Mac, just when I try viewing them from LR CC on iPhone and iPad. I also only see thumbnail "Cloud+Exclamation Mark icons" when I try viewing them on the web. No solution identified yet....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is an annoying problem. The exclamation point is on the thumbnail icon, yet when i click on the thumbnail, the photo will load, albeit a little slow even though i am connected to wifi. then when going back to view the collection again, the preview doesnt load, just displays the cloud with the exclamation point over it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok....I followed greule's advice above and made a small exposure adjustment to the original files in LR Classic CC and suddenly they appeared just fine on both iPhone/iPad and on the web.....ok thanks, but why did this occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in case Adobe are reading this, related issue.....upon taking a picture on iPhone, uploads just fine to LR CC on iPhone, appears just fine on LR Classic CC but appears as a "Cloud+Exclamation Mark icon" in LR CC on iPad. Simple fix again was to simply adjust exposure and all synced up ok. Same thing happened in reverse with taking a photos on iPad, not appearing ok on iPhone LR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have exactly the same problem - happened today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem as well that seems to have just started in the last few days.

No problem in Classic or Mac CC... but iPad CC... nothing. Even adjusting the images isn't helping. It's only on recent imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Please let us know if this issue still occurs,

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same problem is happening with me, too. This started with my most recently added album from this past weekend. Doing an edit to a picture with a missing thumbnail does restore the thumbnail, but since I use the original thumbnails of several similar pictures to select which one to further edit, this puts a real dent in my workflow. Lightroom 4.0.0 on an iPad Mini 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, had these images from the past weekend, been imported on your iPad mini 4 with 4.0.0?
Or did they get imported with an earlier version?

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were imported with version 4.0.0. I haven’t fully checked, but I suspect that earlier albums imported with earlier versions are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks for confirming.

If that's the case, please check again when online.
There was an issue last week connected to thumbnails on the back-end, that should be fixed now.

Regards,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines