• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer DNG files taken in LR mobile to LR Classic Desktop (Mac)

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be in a minority of users that just want to use LR mobile (iPhone Xs) to take pictures in RAW (DNG) so I can post process on my Mac with LR Classic (along with pictures from other cameras). All the info I see seems to require me to Sync the opposite way, from my Desktop to my phone which I do not want to do. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

It sounds like in LR app Settings > Import > Auto Add from Camera Roll is toggled on.  Any photos added to your camera roll *since* this setting got enabled would be imported automatically.  To get all your iOS camera roll photos imported and synced, you need to manually import the older photos that were not added.  

When manually importing photos that you see in your camera roll/iOS Photos app to Lightroom, tap the "..." button in the LR import screen to see additional options (example: I do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does. Thanks for your help.

I turned on synching and 78 photos transferred to LRClassic, even though I had only taken 1 photo with the app. The other photos were visible in the LR mobile app but were from previous activity involving apple's camera app. and Air Drop transfers.  They were visible in the LRmobile app also, but were not the 1,060 photos I have accessible to my Photos app. Can you explain why the LR mobile app is able to access photos that were not generated from it's camera and not synched via Lightroom to my phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like in LR app Settings > Import > Auto Add from Camera Roll is toggled on.  Any photos added to your camera roll *since* this setting got enabled would be imported automatically.  To get all your iOS camera roll photos imported and synced, you need to manually import the older photos that were not added.  

When manually importing photos that you see in your camera roll/iOS Photos app to Lightroom, tap the "..." button in the LR import screen to see additional options (example: I do this to be sure to include videos, which you may not want).  More help for this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, this must have been set at some time in the past.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines