• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Raw files from the iPad Pro camera roll to Lightroom mobile not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I shoot in JPEG and export the files from my camera to the iPad pro camera roll it works great. It also works great when I shoot in NEF RAW format and transfer the files them my camera to the iPad pro camera roll. But the problem starts when trying to transfer the Raw files from the camera roll to light-room mobile. After completing a transfer the photos can be seen in the camera roll but can not be seen by Lightroom Mobile in order to do an import transfer even though the Raw Photos are physically in the iPad pro camera roll.

This is where the problem begins.

I can easily transfer JPEG photos from the iPad camera roll into light-room mobile and it allows me to do a batch transfer of as many photos as i want which is great, but when I transfer NEF RAW files to light-room mobile from the camera roll it will only allow me to transfer a max of 10 photos at a time.

There is a work around but it's painfully time consuming and should not be necessary. What you need to do is select all the photos in camera roll and save them to file on iPad pro. Once there in a file on iPad and not in the camera roll you can go into light-room mobile, go to add photos, go to add photos from file and then transfer all the photos from the file folder into light-room mobile. Once this is done you need to go back into files on your iPad pro and delete the duplicate photos and then if you want, you can also go to camera roll and delete the photos there.

So, my question is why this inconvenient work around is required with the RAW files and not made simple and straight forward as transferring in JPEG format? Too me it seems like a simple fix. Is anyone else aware of this problem and/or is there going to be a fix in a future update of light-room?

Thank you,

Neumy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Thanks to all who replied. It turned out to be a bug caused by Adobes Camera Raw; believe it or not. Strange but a tech from Adobe went into my computer, went to Adobe Camera Raw through Photoshop and changed a setting. I asked him what he did but wouldn't tell me. He just said  "not to worry it won't happen again". I'm just happy its fixed. Anyone ever having the same problem can refer to adobe tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it sounds as if you are hitting a bug, there's no restriction on imports.
Can you please let us know what you mean with:
"transfer the Raw files from the camera roll to light-room mobile".
The way you describe it, it seems to differ from the normal way of adding photos.

Are you by any reason shooting JPG and RAW when you're seeing this problem?

Which device (more specific, there are many iPad Pro's) and iOS version are you using?
Which version of the app are you using?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not help, but have you tried restarting your device?  The reason I ask is there's a similar topic on the forums, and that user overcame is import troubles by restarting his iPad.

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all who replied. It turned out to be a bug caused by Adobes Camera Raw; believe it or not. Strange but a tech from Adobe went into my computer, went to Adobe Camera Raw through Photoshop and changed a setting. I asked him what he did but wouldn't tell me. He just said  "not to worry it won't happen again". I'm just happy its fixed. Anyone ever having the same problem can refer to adobe tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines