• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to find a way to stop syncing a specific folder

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My properties are configured to sync a specfic folder.  My phone is getting full and so is cloud so trying to move a folder in lightroom classic to another location to stop syncing it since I have the assets on my macbook.  However, after moving, it seems to continue to sync.

It likely is tried to the actual picture no but not seeing any option to stop syncing the file.  I do not use Colletions.  Is there a way to remove all content from everything from web to device without impacting lightroom classic?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your key question, "Is there a way to remove all content from everything from web to device without impacting lightroom classic?" go to All Synced Photos in Classic's Catalog panel and remove all photos from there. That's a crude way.

Alternatively, go to each Synced collection in the Collections panel, change the filter box to Synced Collections, and then unsync every collection. Once done, clear up anything left in All Synced Photos as above. This is the better way,

You should also go to Deleted Items by logging into LrWeb in a browser. Empty this, and you free up more cloud allocation.

What this does is clear everything from the cloud, including originals which are still using up space in LR on your phone. With originals now cleared from the cloud/devices, you can now resync collections and you'll get the photos back onto your devices but as "smart previews", compressed versions of the photos, using less space on devices and not using any of your allocation.

How are you taking photos on the phone? Using the LR camera or the camera's built-in one? And what type of phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using Collections.  All I did was configure the one folder so assumed in LR Classis when I moved them out they would stop syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So follow my advice ignoring the second paragraph.

You can configure the folder for syncing in Preferences. This will affect new photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will need to do some backups since I do not want to lose anything on my mac or not get the orginals.  It seems like Adobe is making this harder than it needs to be unfortunately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You shouldn't need to do special backups to resolve this issue - only if your existing backups weren't good. But it never hurts to review your backup procedures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First LrC Does NOT Sync Folders. It will sync one or multiple Collections. Collections ARE NOT Folders.

So please describe exactly what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Android phone which syncs via lighroom to my macos into the folder configured in the preference.  There is no use of Collections which I agree are not the same as folders.  There has been no configuration of Collections, just the folder in the preferences on the macOS version.  There is no associated Collection.

This is why the Help pages are not really helping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hope was to move content from the configured macOS folder to another folder so it would not sync.  Obviously does not work that way.... now stuck on phone since it won't do anything with lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines