• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Import on IOS 14

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I'm trying to get photos from Lightroom to my iPhone or iPad for posting to social media. I'm using Lightroom Classic v10.0 and IOS 14.  My process has been to export to and SD card, insert cart into iPhone/iPad adapter then open the photos app and use the import command.  When I do this,  both IOS device show there is nothing to import.   I've tried different cards, plus reformatting them but the problem persists. Have also tried different directories DCIM, but no luck there.  Other photos on the these chips that were saved directly to the chips from my Fuji XT4 do show and are available for import.  Only the photos that were exported from lightroom have this problem.  The exported photos are visibile in windows photos as well as IOS files app.   Any help on resolving this would be much appreciated.  

thank you

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Hi again,   I have found a work around.  It turns out that the IOS photos app import function does not recognize some file names.  Lightroom adds a prefix to files to denote year and date and IOS won't detect a file with that or fix.  If I change to file name to start with DSCF...  then IOS sees the file and will import it.   IOS also doesn't recognize files starting with DJI (as created by DJI products).  So it looks like all the files need to be renamed to a certain format so IOS will import t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

I find it much easier to post from iPhone or iPad vs windows.  Instagram in particular is pretty difficult.  I any case, i also like to keep favourite photos on my phone.   

It looks like IOS wants to see the original file name - not just starting with DSCF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,   I have found a work around.  It turns out that the IOS photos app import function does not recognize some file names.  Lightroom adds a prefix to files to denote year and date and IOS won't detect a file with that or fix.  If I change to file name to start with DSCF...  then IOS sees the file and will import it.   IOS also doesn't recognize files starting with DJI (as created by DJI products).  So it looks like all the files need to be renamed to a certain format so IOS will import them.  Pretty inconvenient so hopefully Apple will fix this. But at least I now have a way to get photos into my apple devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to use a mobile device, a smart phone or a tablet to publish to social media? Why the extra step? What social media?

Lack if internet, want to use cell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it much easier to post from iPhone or iPad vs windows.  Instagram in particular is pretty difficult.  I any case, i also like to keep favourite photos on my phone.   

It looks like IOS wants to see the original file name - not just starting with DSCF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you seem to be halfway there, it may be best to check the iPad's Privacy Settings. Under Photos and under Files and Folders ensure Lightroom has access.

Also, have you ever considered syncing Collections from the Classic to the Cloud (these will appear in the Mobile App) and post from there? Although I don't know if these are good enough quality for social media as they are lower res smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this suggestion,  I've not considered using the LR apps.  I'll give this a try.  But I have now change LR to so it won't change file names which will allow me to import full res pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines