Highlighted

Unable to Open Photos in Instagram from Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a few weeks ago that when I try to go the normal route of sharing a photo into Instagram from my Lightroom Mobile app for iPhone, it won’t pull it all the way through. Some details here:

i open the Photo in my Lightroom app. Select the share icon, select “Open In”, select the size (have tried both options, doesn‘t effect the outcome). message pops up saying “rendering”. Once complete, the phone pops up a screen asking where I want to open it (a list of apps displayed). If you scroll over, there are TWO Instagram options. The first app icon I see just says Instagram. If you select this, you are given no tools for cropping the photo, editing/filters, tagging, etc. The only thing you can do is add a caption. Therefore I never use this option. The second app icon for Instagram on that list says “Copy to Instagram“.

When this is selected, a new screen (new in the last few weeks to months) pops up that asks if you want STORY or FEED.

When I select feed, the photo disappears and it defaults to my camera roll in my phone.

the work around is simply to save the photo to my camera roll and then open Instagram, but this is obviously a bug that needs to be addressed since it previously worked fine!

oh and if instead of FEED I select STORY, it works.

Anyone else having this problem? I may try to delete the apps and reinstall if nothing else resolves.

It’s been fixed with the new Instagram update.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Open Photos in Instagram from Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a few weeks ago that when I try to go the normal route of sharing a photo into Instagram from my Lightroom Mobile app for iPhone, it won’t pull it all the way through. Some details here:

i open the Photo in my Lightroom app. Select the share icon, select “Open In”, select the size (have tried both options, doesn‘t effect the outcome). message pops up saying “rendering”. Once complete, the phone pops up a screen asking where I want to open it (a list of apps displayed). If you scroll over, there are TWO Instagram options. The first app icon I see just says Instagram. If you select this, you are given no tools for cropping the photo, editing/filters, tagging, etc. The only thing you can do is add a caption. Therefore I never use this option. The second app icon for Instagram on that list says “Copy to Instagram“.

When this is selected, a new screen (new in the last few weeks to months) pops up that asks if you want STORY or FEED.

When I select feed, the photo disappears and it defaults to my camera roll in my phone.

the work around is simply to save the photo to my camera roll and then open Instagram, but this is obviously a bug that needs to be addressed since it previously worked fine!

oh and if instead of FEED I select STORY, it works.

Anyone else having this problem? I may try to delete the apps and reinstall if nothing else resolves.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same problem and have been looking for an answer or work-around. I’ve found it to be the best way to keep most of the resolution of my original photos when uploading to IG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to enable the Instagram Share extension from the ios share sheet “More” option. With that you can bypass the Story/Feed screen. Let me know if that helps -Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but it is impossible enable "copy to instagram": there isn't the button, there is only for "instagram", and it is already "on";
but… impossible share photos in the feed .Image-1-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem, very frustrating!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem for me. would be great if this was fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the problem too. I’m pleased others are having it too but not happy that we’re having this problem. We need this to be fixed ASAP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled the Instagram Share extension via the "More" option.  - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already answered to this (no) answer…

IMG_7820.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see this option. Where do I activate it?

When I click SHARE on Instagram mobile on my iPhone, I select size and then it shows a list of icons to SHARE. It includes Instagram and COPY to instagram. If I choose the MORE option here, it shows a list of ACTIVITIES with switches on or off. Instagram is ON. I don't see a SHARE extension other that APPLE PHOTOS iCloud Photo Sharing which is ON. Where? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. In this case "Instagram" is the share extension. Do you still run in to the failure with this enabled?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, we do! I quote from the Elichetta post, the first about this bug!

«…there are TWO Instagram options.
The first app icon I see just says Instagram. If you select this, you are given no tools for cropping the photo, editing/filters, tagging, etc. The only thing you can do is add a caption. Therefore I never use this option.
The second app icon for Instagram on that list says “Copy to Instagram“.

When I select feed, the photo disappears and it defaults to my camera roll in my phone.»

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we do run onto the problem as described by Elichetta. When you choose FEED the Apple Photos Camera roll appears and the Instagram photo is lost.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is Instagram. Just now I tried to repost an Instagram photo using Repost app, and I run in the same bug…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EUREKA! GREAT!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! It works! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0