• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Select Individual Lens Correction Profiles in Lightroom Mobile (iOS)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

With the recent upgrades to Lightroom mobile for both iOS and Android, I was considering purchasing an iPad for editing photos while traveling. A friend was nice enough to lend me their iPad so that I could test things out - I have run into a big problem with lens corrections.

I frequently use the Rokinon 12mm F2.0 on my Sony e-mount camera:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1039948-REG/rokinon_rk12m_e_12mm_f_2_0_ncs_cs.html 

This popular lens is entirely mechanical - manual focus and aperture control. This means that the lens data is not added to each photo's metadata.

Lightroom CC does not automatically select a lens profile when I ask it to enable profile corrections. However, I am able to select the correct Rokinon profile from a list.

Lightroom Mobile (iOS) also does not recognize the Rokinon Lens, and I am seemingly unable to select the correct lens profile. This renders Lightroom Mobile incapable of correcting for my lens.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Adobe, is this something that will change in LR Mobile moving forward?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

You cannot add new lens profiles to LR mobile, so any lens it doesn't already support will not work. I would be incredibly surprised if this changes anytime soon. It is pretty anathema to how LR mobile is designed. You already can't select any camera profiles. Third-party Lens correction profiles is several bridges further than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add new lens profiles to LR mobile, so any lens it doesn't already support will not work. I would be incredibly surprised if this changes anytime soon. It is pretty anathema to how LR mobile is designed. You already can't select any camera profiles. Third-party Lens correction profiles is several bridges further than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem / question. I do not understand why adobe is limiting this for people who work a lot in diffrent spaces. Special with the new powerful i-pads this should be implemented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines