• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding the significance of the size of Adobe Cloud storage for sync

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can explain (or point me to a resource) how the amount of Adobe Cloud storage space affects and/or limits the Lightroom Mobile experience. Let me offer this scenario: I've completely filled up my 512GB iPad Pro with a Lightroom Mobile library that is 400GB (catalog + images). My plan includes 20GB of Adobe Cloud storage. I don't care about backing up or otherwise storing any images in the cloud but I do want to sync my Lr Mobile catalog to my master Lr Classic catalog on my workstation. Does the size of my Adobe Cloud storage space limit me in any way? And how do I then free up space on my iPad? I realize these are pretty basic questions but I'm not finding a concise answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Photos in the Cloud will sync down to Classic (with sync in Classic turned on).

Once you have confirmed that the photos have downloaded to Classic (location set in Classic's preferences), they can be deleted from the Cloud - either from on the iPad or at http://lightroom.adobe.com/ or in the All Synced  Photographs section in Classic.

Once there is space in the Cloud, more photos will sync up and then down to Classic, and you repeat the process.

Note: Deleting from the Cloud means you will no longer be able to access the photos on the iPad in LrM.

On the way along your can Clear Cache in Lightroom Mobile's preferences to further clear residual files on the device.

As an aside, generally what happens normally is that LrM syns to the Cloud and automatically manages the space on your device, replacing the full res on the device with a lower res Smart Preview or thumbnail, when the file hasn't been accessed for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, selondon. Very helpful. So, basically, more space on Adobe Cloud makes syncing more convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, but not essential if you have the time to manage it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, selondon. Is it possible to delete photos from my Lr Classic catalog either accidentally or intentionally from my mobile device or lightroom.adobe.com? And if I see my downloaded images in the specified folder in Lr Classic, does that always mean that the full res original image has been downloaded (as opposed to a preview or other low res substitute)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, once photos are downloaded to you HD referenced in Classic, they cannot be deleted from any part of the Cloud ecosystem.

Also, the full resolution that are in the Cloud are always downloaded to Classic. Photos imported into the iPad will always sync to the Cloud as full res.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, selondon. I feel like I'm getting a handle on this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines