Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload Nikon RAW files to IPad Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to Adobe Forum,

I wish to travel and edit my Nikon RAW pictures, on the go, with my newly purchased IPad Pro.

My question is, I was not able to upload my RAW files from my camera to the IPad using the Lightning to USB cable.

Is there any way to upload the files using any other method: maybe SD card reader?

I also tried uploading with my SnapBridge but that would only work for JPEG files.

Any idea, I searched all over the new

Thank you, Roni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

You cannot currently important directly into Lightroom CC iOS*, you have to important to iOS Photos Camera Roll first.

(Apple sell a Lightning to SD Card Reader btw, but you still face the same problem).

You have to import into Lightroom from the Camera Roll. Then delete from the Camera Roll (but I'd probably ensure Lightroom has finished syncing to the Cloud first, just in case.)

*There are other options (LaCie and Western Digital portable harddrives) outlined at the bottom of this thread that see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot currently important directly into Lightroom CC iOS*, you have to important to iOS Photos Camera Roll first.

(Apple sell a Lightning to SD Card Reader btw, but you still face the same problem).

You have to import into Lightroom from the Camera Roll. Then delete from the Camera Roll (but I'd probably ensure Lightroom has finished syncing to the Cloud first, just in case.)

*There are other options (LaCie and Western Digital portable harddrives) outlined at the bottom of this thread that seem to, although I could not confirm: Re: A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines