• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lr on iPad Pro independently offline?

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning All,

I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks & wondered if anyone has done the following and if it’s possible?

I have a subscription to adobe Creative cloud cc & mainly use Lr classic on my iMac without using any of the cloud sync/storage side of things. But I also understand I can get the Lr app on my iPad Pro. Now what I’m thinking is why I’m away if I have taken any shots (in raw), that I want to have a look at, once I upload them onto my iPad can I process them via the Lr app, A) offline as wont have internet connection & B) independently from my iMac so that things only get saved on my iPads storage, but then when I get back home I can then transfer them onto my iMac and interstate them within my catalog on there?

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to preserve all the editing and the ability to revert is to sync via the Cloud when you return.

You would need to turn sync on in Classic and this automatically downloads everything from the Cloud.

You would require a lot of free space on your iPad (keep photos elsewhere just in case) if you are intending to edit all the photos.

Plus, ideally a fair amount of Cloud storage, although you get around this by deleting photos from the Cloud once downloaded to Classic, allowing more space for uploads from the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this, very much appreciated 🙂

I fully understand & appreciate your advice and agree that this is definitely the best way to use the app, using the sync & cloud features, if I wanted to actually process my images fully on my iPad.

However I'm not actually looking to do that, I purely want to use the Lr iPad app, as a viewer for say a couple of images whilst I'm holiday that I may wish to look at to see how say a few particular ones turned out. And then once home, I would be importing them along with all the others from my trip, into Lr, my iMac & home storage system as I normally would & process them all properly via Lr classic on the iMac 🙂

Now actually since writing this post, I have now worked out how I can make this work for me, & it really easy.. All I need to do is turn off syncing/cloud on the app. Then if I do wish to view a couple of images I can just insert my SD card into my iPad Pro via adapter, save the few images I want to look at, view them... Or I can even just insert the SD card & just use the Lr app as a raw image viewer, without even needed to save anything to the actual iPad. I understand they may be dull looking as I'll be viewing unprocessed images, but it will do just to see for sharpness & basic composition 🙂

Many thanks again for your support though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines