• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visualize Sharpening Mask (= option Key on Mac)

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I‘ve subscribed to lightroom cc mobile and I‘m really impressed that I‘m barely missing features compared to lr classic. But ONE thing is really annoying - I was reading on some other forums that you can hold down one finger while using the slider to display the grey mask which you can do on mac holding down the option key. Exposue slider works well holding down one finger, but I can‘t get it work with the sharpening mask. Is this a bug? I‘m using iPad Pro 11, iOS 12.2 and lightroom cc 4.2.

I hope there is a solution.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pixelements,

We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Lightroom CC for Mobile devices | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

thanks for your reply. Well - it's not a feature request. Actually it IS there, but it doesn't work. It seems to be a bug. I've postet a video on youtube - watch it briefly at 11 sec. I've also attached a screenshot since it's not easy to see that in video.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I can get the mask visualization to flicker and occasionally stay on while pressing two fingers on the image after I start dragging the mask slider. But it is intermittent, and flickers off as soon as I move the mask slider further. It does seem to be a bug.

I think reporting it in the link provided by Akash Sharma​ above is still a good idea.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did - posted this now as a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using one finger to move the mask slider and one finger on the image will pull up the mask (at least for me—iPad Pro 12.9, 3rd gen., Lightroom CC v,4,2,1)

But it won’t work while you’re moving the slider. You have to pause for a second, then the mask will show up. It disappears again as you start to move the slider. While that isn’t ideal, it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s the same for me on my iPad Pro 10.5”, LR CC 4.2.1 also. I nearly missed it because you have to pause for a fairly “long” second. There must have been some update, because as I earlier reported a few posts up, the mask was only flickering in visibility, and now at least it stays visible.

I notice that the clipping visualization doesn’t have this anomaly. The view for clipping is updated dynamically as you drag the slider.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just saved my life! I kept wondering why the mask wasn't working. The pause is what it was. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines