• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Water over exposure issues, how to solve it lightroom?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do solve this problem ? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to provide some further information to assist the community in helping you?

What device are you using?

Which version of the software do you have installed?

Can you provide screenshots of the issue?

How are the photos getting into Lightroom? (importing or in app camera).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi surfwaves,

That isn't a great user experience if your images are getting overexposed, we're sorry to hear about this. Please explain the issue you're facing in more detail with a brief description of your workflow. Which version of Lightroom are you using? We are here to help, just need some info.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI_0533.JPG

I have downloaded Lightroom in my mobile phone and just paid the preimum feature, i am hoping this app can help me solve my water overexposure problem, can anyone teahc me how to solve it ? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, welcome back to the ’cloud storage’ forums Pattie-F​ ... you helped me out quite a bit in the old Revel days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Reed! Thanks, I'm glad to be back helping on the forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the big reflection of the sun in the lower right? This looks like a drone photo taken in the middle of the day in direct sunlight, and the water is a big mirror. You can try adding an ND filter on the camera (basically adding sunglasses), or bracketing exposures and combining with HDR tools to recover some additional detail, but you’re never going to be able to avoid blown out highlights in the middle of the sun (or in this case, the sun’s reflection).

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet would be to see if you can achieve something in Photoshop if you have access to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines