• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When can I delete files from LrM and LrO?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some quick searches on this forum, but can't readily find an answer to these seemingly simple questions.

If my workflow objective is to get LrM .dngs or Camera app .jpgs off my iPhone and transferred to my desktop folder structure in LrD, where and when can I delete the images from LrM, LrO, and how does the LrD "All Synce Photographs" collection factor in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

For safety, I'd suggest this:

1. Allow photos to upload from phone
  2. Allow photos to download to desktop (so you can be absolutely sure you have them safe)
  3. In LRD, select the applicable photos in the All Synced Photos collection and hit the Delete key to remove them from the cloud (not the catalog or hard drive). This removes them from the cloud and mobile devices.

Or an alternative to step 3 - you could leave them in the cloud. Lightroom on your phone/tablet will automatically manage local storage for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving this to lightroom mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For safety, I'd suggest this:

1. Allow photos to upload from phone
  2. Allow photos to download to desktop (so you can be absolutely sure you have them safe)
  3. In LRD, select the applicable photos in the All Synced Photos collection and hit the Delete key to remove them from the cloud (not the catalog or hard drive). This removes them from the cloud and mobile devices.

Or an alternative to step 3 - you could leave them in the cloud. Lightroom on your phone/tablet will automatically manage local storage for any collections that aren't set for offline use, freeing up space as needed.

If if any of the photos were shot using the normal camera (e.g. not Lightroom's camera) and are therefore in the iOS camera roll, you'll want to clear out the camera roll, as that won't happen automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines