• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my side car files stored after I import them to my desktop?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While away I uploaded and edited my images on Lightroom mobile on my ipad.  I uploaded all my images to Lightroom Classic on my desktop and moved them to another folder on my external drive.  Since I still don't totally unstand how the cloud works and I didn't want any of my photos already on my desktop to sync to the ipad, I created a new Lightroom catalog before syncing. 

I had created albums on my ipad so everything came in via collections.  I "moved" the files to a folder on my external drive using the select all and drag method.  I made sure that all the edits were still applied and editable in this new location.  I then selected the do not sync icon on the collection and then deleted the collection on the desktop. Again, I made sure that all the edits were still applied and editable in this new location.

If I go to their new location in Explorer, there are no .xmp files. 

When I imported these images into my main Lightroom Catalog the edits did not come with them. 

Where are they and how can I get them into my main Catalog?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?