• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does LR for mobile (Android) store photos and data?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the FAQ and no information. https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

I have 3 questions which I have numbered for convenience:

1) Where does LR store the images which I import? Does it move them or leave them in place? (In Lightroom Classic for desktop you get a choice to move or simply add in situ. I don't see anything like this on mobile).

2) Does it use a) a catalogue or b) XMP files? I can't see either. (Again in Lightroom for desktop you can choose to use XMP sidecar files and then see these next to your images).

3) Related to 2) - where does it store the edits? Maybe not on the phone at all? Can I see them in the Cloud storage? Or only if I sync them to Lightroom Classic desktop?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

1) It imports them into the app and syncs to the cloud. So there will be one copy in the device's photos and one in Lightroom Mobile.

2) It uses a Mobile Caralog, but you aren't mean to access it for use. Although you may be able to in Android's file system (I am an iOS user). Again it doesn't work like Classic. Management is meant to happen in-app.

3) Edits are stored in the Cloud, so you can see them at http://lightroom.adobe.com/ and when the sync back to Classic.

3) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines