• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't Export full quality on Android for sharing? iOS allows sharing in best quality

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to Export on the Android app and select best quality, it only allows you to save the photo to the device. Whereas on iOS you have that option as well as sharing with other apps.

This means if I want to share the full quality photo I have to save it to my Android device, go to Android Gallery, share from there, then delete the photo. On iOS no need to save to share.

Why? 

I just bought an Android Samsung tablet but because Lightroom is inferior on Android I am considering switching back to an iPad. Why is the Android version crippled like this? And will it ever change? Thanks. 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reply. I guess Android is crippled on purpose. I shall switch back to iPad then. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a mainly a user to user forum, I'm not an Android user but would have thought the functionality would be pretty similar.

At very least you should be able to export with the same quality.

Before giving up totally on Android maybe ask the question on this forum for further advice https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875 with as much information as possible Lightroom Mobile version and what other apps you want to export to, it's possible it may be a setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks selondon. I have posted it there.

You can export with the same quality. But you cannot share from the app with the same quality. It's not anything in the settings as far as I can see. It's just a more limited app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines