• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no visible brush size in Lightroom CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New CC user on iPadOS (but fairly experienced Classic user on Mac OS). I can't believe that the brushes don't visibly change size in CC for iPad OS (you see the blue diamond but the actual circumference of the brush isn't visible). Also you don't see the pink mask overlay until you are done using the brush and click on the blue diamond). These issues can't be right so I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone provide guidance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

What version of Lightroom are you using? The pink mask overlay always appears when you paint using the adjustment brush.
Could you share a screenshot of the issue?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil. Unfortunately the screenshots for some reason don't capture the brush size issue on the Mac (I can't seem to capture a screenshot without taking the focus off of the active brush, thus deselecting it) but its easy to explain.

On Lightroom CC (v3.1) on MacOS when you activate a brush you see a blue circle with a plus sign in the middle, surrounded by two concentric circles. Both circles changes diameter when you change the brush size, while the outer circle additionally changes diameter when you change the feather setting.

On Lightroom for iPadOS (v4.4.1) when you activate a brush you get a blue diamond, but NO circles which define the brush size or feather size. You can change both the brush size or feather size, but you don't see any change at all until you begin using the brush and see what the brush is affecting.

I was able to capture an iPad screenshot showing the blue diamond with no concentric circles:

brush on iPadOS.jpeg

Am I doing something wrong? If not, I'd strongly encourage Adobe to fix this.

[disregard my earlier question about the pink overlay....that is working as expected]

Thank you again,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

You can add your vote to this feature request thread on the forum that is monitored by the engineering team: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/brush-preview-constantly-displayed-on-screen

Seems like a good idea, I'll vote for it also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines