• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow for LR CC Mobile without internet

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be going for a long vacation to a remote area that has little or no internet access.  Can anyone suggest a workflow using my iPad Pro, LR CC Mobile (and PS Express) allowing me to synch to my desktop Mac when I get home?

1. Load my images from SD cards to Camera Roll or?

2. Edit in LR CC

3. Back-up/save to wireless drive/stick drive?

I am concerned about having the edited images backed up/saved on an external device "just-in-case" and would like the most efficient workflow that does not include the Cloud.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DressageRider,

You can enable offline editing in Lightroom mobile app for only editing images without internet.

Refer: https://lightroomkillertips.com/need-work-offline-lightroom-mobile/

Offline Editing With Lightroom mobile | Lightroom Fanatic

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that.  But I need a back up solution.  I want to work on my iPad with LR CC, save to my Camera Roll and then save to an external drive and not lose my LR edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dressage+Rider  wrote

I know that.  But I need a back up solution.  I want to work on my iPad with LR CC, save to my Camera Roll and then save to an external drive and not lose my LR edits.

Sorry to say, that’s just not possible. LR edits are stored in the LR catalog. Exporting images to the Camera roll creates copies with the edits baked in. You’re asking for a workflow similar to what you’d get on a desktop computer (and, even there you’d still need to save both the original images PLUS the catalog to maintain your edits).

Images in JPG, RAW, TIF or PNG that are stored in the camera roll aren’t able to include the LR edit information. Even in LR Classic on the desktop, where you can write most of your edits to an XMP sidecar file (which can’t be stored in your iPad’s camera roll, by the way), still requires the catalog to maintain 100% of your file changes (flags and ratings as an example).

That’s just the way LR is designed to work.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently bought an iPad. Today I Imported some photos with a card reader in my car. I could not copy and paste settings without internet. At home it would take a while before the option to copy settings would not be grayed out. I don't understand the limitation as the files had been imported into my iPad. 

do I need to create an album/collection for every import? I am not sure if Lightroom mobile can substitute Lightroom classic and a laptop for importing and quickly editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines