• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have 3817 "pictures" that appear grey, with no information (no metadata, no preview : nothing). I cannot do anything with these picture : none erasing option is working. When I chose one, it just does nothing : the grey rectangle is still there.

So, I installed Find Duplicates 2 plugin to scan for corrupted files, and it found the same 3817 grey pitcures. When I look at the plugin log file, the error in the Subject appears (?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)).

I tried creating a new catalog, and I have no problem importing or deleting some pictures. But When I try to import from the other catalog, it stops after importing some pictures.

I really do not know what to do...

I have 142k picture, lot of them were modified using previous versions of Lightroom, I dont want to loose my changes but I would like to get rid of these corrupted entries in my database.

I read a lot of articles about this error message, but each time it does not seem to be the same problem : people are managing to delete (at least one by one) their corrupted files. But I cannot do anaything.

Does someone can help me ?

Thank you very much

My configuration :

Version Lightroom Classic: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
Licence: Creative Cloud
Paramètre de langue: fr-FR
Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 10
Version : 10.15.4 [19E287]
Architecture de l'application : x64
Nombre de processeurs logiques: 16
Vitesse du processeur : 3,6 Ghz
Version SQLite: 3.30.1
Mémoire intégrée : 65 536,0 Mo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Post your question at this link where an Adobe Rep (maybe Rikk Flohr) will see your problem-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/blank-thumbnails-showing-up-in-all-photographs-only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your question at this link where an Adobe Rep (maybe Rikk Flohr) will see your problem-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/blank-thumbnails-showing-up-in-all-photograph...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC,

I sent a post there under the Procedure of Rikk Flohr, and I hope he will respond.

His post is 8 months old...

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

After sending a message as you suggested me, I received an aswer from Rikk. As he was inviting me to do, I sent him my catalog. After some mails he and the team finally successed in repairing my catalog.

My problem is solved now : I have no more ghost images in my catalog.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines