• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100% zoom is actually 200%

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I noticed something strange recently: for some time (I can't say exactly how long, because I haven't been using Lightroom much recently, but it may well be since the update to 4.1), 100% zoom in Lightroom is actually more like 200% on my Macbook Pro 15". In Lightroom Classic 10.1, it's fine.

I'm adding 2 Screenshots from the same Photo zoomed in to "100%" in both applications.Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 19.39.38.pngScreenshot 2021-01-29 at 19.40.14.png

The file is a Fuji RAF, but the result is the same with JPG, as well as with other cameras.

I'm wondering if anybody has the same issue and if there is a solution to the problem.

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue on high res screens. I'm sure it will be fixed in an update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because consumer-oriented viewers scale up to 200% when they detect a high density screen. Lightroom displays correctly.

It's not a "bug" in Lightroom, it behaves as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not always the case. This  issue is a definite bug that has been identified by Adobe engineering, but which only affects retina screens on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, and aknowledged as by Adobe QE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean Lightroom is not displaying at 100%, one screen pixel to one image pixel, on Big Sur? Just trying to understand this correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct. Lightroom Desktop basically displays one image pixel in 4 screen pixels. It basically ignores the display scaling factor on retina/HiDPI screens but only on BigSur. Classic works correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines