• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1st Lightroom usage how to import

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody, I'm a complete lightroom newbie, I came from digikam...

I'v a hard disk full of photos organised into folders and subfolders all representing albums.

How to import that in lightroom using the same harddrive (without changing anything in its structure) and taking these album stuff into account. ?

thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Lightroom Desktop (the cloud version) or Lightroom Classic? The first stores all images in the cloud and you cannot accomplish what you want as it will not retain the original folder structure and will simply copy all images and upload them. The second will do what you want by importing using the "Add" option, which will keep your folder structure intact and will keep your images in the same spots. It will not upload them to the cloud though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the desktop version... I justr installed the 7 days trial stuff. 

You said it will not retain my forder structure and copy files to the cloud, but it will not change anything on my HD ? It will take files and COPY them to the cloud ? so I still will have the same folder structure ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will first make a copy on your hard disk and then upload them all. It will delete the local copies after a while but will leave all the original files in your folder structure. The original folder structure won't be reflected inside Lightroom cloudy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for all who responded, in fact I'll swith to lightroom classic that seems to better fit my needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines