Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd party app (website) access Collections via the REST API

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I know I can use the Lightroom REST API to build an app but as far as I understood from the docs (https://www.adobe.io/apis/creativecloud/lightroom/docs.html)

one has to authenticate a user to access the API

is it planned to provide public endpoints to a User's collections ?

or at least a way to authenticate on the server using a secret key and not have to prompt the user to login

use case: be able to fetch images for a website directly from the lightroom cloud service

thanks

thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it, or at least I would recommend that you don't plan on anything happening soon. You can see for yourself how the API is anaemic, and there has been no progress since it first appeared 4-5(?) years ago. Without being unkind to Adobe, I don't think they see this area as a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

thanks for the reply

a shame since the api is there and is used by Adobe own products

it would be nice to have a way to not have to export the images to another service to be able to use them in a custom website

thanks anyhow

thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines