• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access lightroom cc files from other apps

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Lightroom CC. I am planning to use Lightroom to organise, edit and store photos for projects I run. Each project includes around 1000 photos. Finally I have to a upload my project photos to a online database that our clients have access to. I am planning to use Lightroom to store, organise and edit the photos before upload.  

I am trying to find how to access the lightroom stored photos easily. How can I access my Lightroom organised photos from other apps in a search? I was hoping the Lightroom folder structure would be visible from other apps. Is the only way to export the files from Lightroom first? However this wouldn't make sense for me. I was hoping to organise all photos in Lightroom in folders and for that folder structure to be visible for example in mac finder.

How can I access my Lightroom organised photos from other apps in a search? Is there something obvious I am missing? 

Many thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me you are confused about what you use. You posted the same question in the Lightroom Classic forum, where you claimed you were using Lightroom Classic. Now you say here that you are using Lightroom CC

There is no 'Lightroom CC' anymore. Because people were not confused enough by two Lightrooms, Adobe decided to drop the ‘CC’ from the names of all products, so things would become even more confusing. And boy, did they succeed! There are now two versions: ‘Lightroom Classic’ (the Lightroom version that has been around for about 15 years, and is now at version 9.3) and just ‘Lightroom’ (now at version 3.3), also known as ‘Lightroom desktop’ or ‘Lightroom cloud’. This is the new application that stores images and edits in the cloud. Lightroom is not the successor of Lightroom Classic! Both are current, aimed at a different audience.

So which version are you using?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry for not being clear. I am using both Lightroom and Lightroom Classic as a trial to figure out what would be best for my workflow, However it is proving more confusing than I thought. What I am trying to do:

- We take photos of cars; around 1000 photos car. Which are finally uploaded to a database. I was hoping to using Lightroom as good way to organise the photos. ie select which photos to use, add keyword and organise them in folders, ie headlights. However I can't figure out after organising in Lightroom how I can access (or see) that folder structure so I can easily upload to our database. I am not a professional photograher (as you might have guessed), but really looking for a tool to keep my photos organised. Also is Lightroom or Classic best for what I'm trying to do? Usually we work with ateam of 2 or 3 people so really shared access is really what I am finally looking for.  Any guidance is much appriciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that any version of Lightroom suits your needs. Lightroom Classic organises images in normal folders, so that would be the best choice of the two versions. But, like I said, editing images in Lightroom Classic means that you cannot access the images from those folders, because you would not see the edits. Each image needs to be exported as a new derivative, and that derivative could then be added to your database. Lightroom Classic is also stricktly single-use only. You cannot share a Lightroom Classic catalog in a team. I would look for something else.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, well I was starting to wonder if this was the case. In ieder geval bedankt voor de feedback Johan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines