• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Color Sampler Tool in Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything similar to the ACR Color Sampler Tool in Lightroom? I know there's a white balance eyedropper, but I don't see any way to place reference points on an image so I can compare their numberical values while performing adjustments. For example if I'm adjusting a flat surface like a pencil drawing on paper that's not perfectly lit I would want to adjust it so all 4 corners and the center have the same brightness. In ACR I simply place a few reference points using the Color Sampler Tool and refer to their RGB numbers to quickly fix the image with whatever tools are needed. But in Lightroom I cannot find any similar tool. I know that LR's RGB numbers are only displayed when soft proofing. But there are still RGB% values displayed that could be used.  Is that an ACR feature that never found it's way into Lightroom?

Thanks to anyone who might know ... 🙂

Russell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom? Although you cannot place Color Sample Points, in Lightroom Classic's Develop module you can see the RGB values under the histogram when you mouse over an area. I do not believe the same feature exists in Lightroom.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joseph,

Yes I'm aware that RGB numbers are displayed under the Histogram when in 'S' softproofing mode. But that only displays a value whan the mouse is hovering over an area of the image. It no longer displays when I'm moving an adjustment slider. Today I was again working on an RAW image of a product on a light background that I wanted to adjust so that the background borders and corners were all 245,245,245 (RGB) as that tranlates very close to 5C,2M,2Y,0K when converted. It's easy in ACR to lay down 4 Color Sample Points at target areas and watch the numbers change as I make local adjustments. I'm searching for how something similar is done in LR as there are so many similaritied between the two. Jumping back and forth between adjusting and checking the numbers one at a time is very tedious and is not a very efficient way to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines