Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active Preset LRCC Not Highlighted

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I've recently spent the day importing a bunch of my presets into Lighroom CC - MAC OS and when applied it would show up highlighted in blue in the preset panel which one was active. See attached for example.

However, since restarting my Macbook Pro they are no longer highlighted. I've uninstalled and removed preferences and re-installed but this functionality hasn't returned 😞

Maybe I've bumped a simple key or something that turned this feature off?

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have Lightroom Classic installed? Have you set any camera raw defaults/presets in that application which could carry over to the cloud based Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon,

Thanks for the response - 

I have Classic installed also, however this problem purely exists in LRCC. If I import a new photo that doesn't exist in Classic I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal. There is no such thing as an "active preset". A preset is just a quick way to apply certain settings.

As soon as you make a further adjustment after applying the preset, the preset is no longer highlighted because it was not the last thing that was done. Same thing after you restart. Nothing to worry about, it does not mean that the preset is no longer applied.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't made any additional changes to the file since the application of the preset.

Looking throughout this community forum I have found articles such as these: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/how-can-i-tell-which-preset-an-image-is-using/m-p/10528868?...

This would indicate that I'm not crazy haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said: an image is not 'using a preset' (despite the title of that other thread). A preset is a one click way to apply a bunch of settings. That's all. It seems that Lightroom no longer shows the last clicked preset in blue after a restart. So be it: it's no big deal because the settings are still used.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure when this changed but as Johan says any further editing tweaks will overwrite a preset. Today’s update to LR 3.3 now permits the creation of versions. Click bottom-right after opening the edit panel. So after applying a preset you could click the plus icon to save a named version. It’s an extra step but may be useful if you always need to know what settings you have applied using a preset. See my blog for more enhancements in the latest updates.

Ver-City-lgts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your help - weird that the functionality disappeared.

It wasn't necessarily a deal breaker as I spend most of my time in Classic anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines