Highlighted

Adding a photo from Google Photos to Lightroom using Lightroom app

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my photos in Google Photos. I recently downloaded the Lightroom app to have more editing options. However, when I'm in Lightroom and want to add photos from Google Photos, Lightroom only shows me a small fraction of all my Google Photos, and they're pretty random at that. Why can't I view all my Google Photos from Lighthouse? Is there a way to do that? Or do I have to send photos from GPhotos straight to Lighthouse? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Theresa J | Adobe Community Professional

Your google photos are stored in the Google cloud. Lightroom is probably seeing the handful that have synced to your local drive. The images have to be on the local drive before you can upload them to the Lightroom cloud.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding a photo from Google Photos to Lightroom using Lightroom app

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my photos in Google Photos. I recently downloaded the Lightroom app to have more editing options. However, when I'm in Lightroom and want to add photos from Google Photos, Lightroom only shows me a small fraction of all my Google Photos, and they're pretty random at that. Why can't I view all my Google Photos from Lighthouse? Is there a way to do that? Or do I have to send photos from GPhotos straight to Lighthouse? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Theresa J | Adobe Community Professional

Your google photos are stored in the Google cloud. Lightroom is probably seeing the handful that have synced to your local drive. The images have to be on the local drive before you can upload them to the Lightroom cloud.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. That makes total sense. Thank you. I guess I'll have to share them from Google Photos to Lightroom, or load my photos to an external harddrive/memory stick, and try and import them from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0