• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom 6 on my imac (10.15.3) and have just gotten a message that I need to download Adobe Application Manager.  When I go to the link referenced I find myself at a page for ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP APPLICATION.  If I try to download this Creative Cloud Application, I am being asked to purchase another copy of Lightroom.  I do not really want another verion of Lightroom, but I do want the version I purchased to work. 

What is going  on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom 6 was already installed when you upgraded the OS to Catalina it may continue to work. But are you trying to re-install? These older apps have 32 bit installers which makes it impossible to do a fresh install on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Lightroom was already installed when I converted to Catalina, and it appears to still be working.  Is the purpose of the Appliction Manager to ensure updates?  From the sounds of your reply while Lightroom 6 is 64 bit, the old application manager was not which means if it did work with Catalina it was prone to issues.  That said, it looks like without the application manager I will not be able to update the Lighthouse version (it is required for manual updates too).  Can you reinstall the Application Manager or its successor, and is so how?

Thanks for your reply and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There will be no further updates for LR6. All subsequent releases have been subscription only – now Lightroom Classic. Just ignore messages about AAM. Continue using the software as before. But don’t  ever uninstall LR6 at any point otherwise you will never be able to re-install on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will not be any updates for Lightroom 6 anymore, so that won't be a problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines