Highlighted

Adobe CC vs Adobe Classic SYNC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using Lightroom Classic since 2014 and have only switch to Lightroom CC in September of 2019. Since switching I have realized that the sync from Lightroom CC has been super slow. In Classic I was able to sync 200+ photos in under 30 minutes. For CC it has taken me 2 hours for syncing 300 photos, and it is now only half way through them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CC vs Adobe Classic SYNC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using Lightroom Classic since 2014 and have only switch to Lightroom CC in September of 2019. Since switching I have realized that the sync from Lightroom CC has been super slow. In Classic I was able to sync 200+ photos in under 30 minutes. For CC it has taken me 2 hours for syncing 300 photos, and it is now only half way through them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is now simply called Lightroom. What was your motivation for switching to Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that Lightroom CC is now just Lightroom. I was recommended to use it by a fellow Photographer, after having to send my laptop in for repair and it being completely reset. I am going to switch back since the editing is too simple and am unable to get the exact fine details I was able to in Classic. And it syncs faster, so I don't personally see any benefit from switching to Lightroom from Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many who jump to Lightroom do so thinking it is the new version and therefore the best. I have used both, but still prefer Lightroom Classic. I suppose Lightroom has its place for certain users, but Classic still seems to be the one that most fully meets my needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference in sync time could be explained by the 'file size' that syncs-

Lightroom-Classic syncs 'Smart Preview' files to the Cloud that are about 1mB each in size. Your original camera files are stored on your hard-drive and remain there.

Lightroom stores (syncs) your full size original camera files (25mB each?) in the cloud. (and you might option to keep a 'local' copy).

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I liked using Lightroom, however in my opinion there are no benefits over Classic, which actually has more finer adjustments that you can make in editing. I wish Lightroom had an available option to upload only 'Smart Preview' files instead of uploading a full res image. Also. I found using Classic much easier to go between editing and Photoshop than Lightroom which would sometimes not save files into the same album and I would have to go hunting for the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom-Classic is the software that has been around since 2005 or so, with 'matured' features. 

A good 'Comparison' article here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines