• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe Lightroom 4.2 why does mac app store ask me to update to 4.2 when i have already updated?

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded adobe lightroom 4.2 via the CC updater on my mac.

Why does my mac app store ask me to update to 4.2 when i have already updated? How can I stop this happening? 

thanks,

Joe

macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (20D91), M1 MacBook Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Did you originally purchase the plan from Adobe or the Mac App Store?

I have 4.2 installed via the Creative Cloud App but in the Mac App Store it just says 'GET'.

From what I've read, it's quite difficult to disable the App Store Notifications (if that's the issue).

It may be worth posting on the Feedback forum, which is monitored by the engineering team who may be able to look into it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

thanks for response. 

I have an active CC licence and have always got my adobe apps via the CC.

...but your answer has made me think... I wonder if I accetentlay downloaded via the macos app store on top of my CC installation? 

If i have done that, i probably need to delete the app from my mac, then re-install ONLY from CC and i'll end up having the same option on the mac app store as you have - 'get' - and i must resist the temptaiton to click it again!!

I'll update the forum with how I get on when

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off you phone and starting it again? If you tap update again what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for responding, however its not on the ios version but the macos so restting iphone will have no influnce. 

Joe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps because v4.2 is 'Lightroom-Desktop' for PC and Mac computers, for which you need a subscription from Adobe for the 'Lightroom Plan'.

I believe that the Mac App Store only has the Mobile version of Lr for phones & iPads..

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for response - not sure about that... see answer below... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you originally purchase the plan from Adobe or the Mac App Store?

I have 4.2 installed via the Creative Cloud App but in the Mac App Store it just says 'GET'.

From what I've read, it's quite difficult to disable the App Store Notifications (if that's the issue).

It may be worth posting on the Feedback forum, which is monitored by the engineering team who may be able to look into it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for response. 

I have an active CC licence and have always got my adobe apps via the CC.

...but your answer has made me think... I wonder if I accetentlay downloaded via the macos app store on top of my CC installation? 

If i have done that, i probably need to delete the app from my mac, then re-install ONLY from CC and i'll end up having the same option on the mac app store as you have - 'get' - and i must resist the temptaiton to click it again!!

I'll update the forum with how I get on when I have time to do this - it's a minor irritation so I can live with it for a wee while. 

thanks again,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem - but marked the last reply as the correct answer, sorry! Can't seem to change it. 

anyhow, I found two versions of Lightroom. One installed via CC installer and the other in the macOS application root directory. This was an older version so I presumed this had been inadvertently downloaded from the App store at some point. 

I deleted this app and, hey presto, the problem has gone!

thanks to everyone who commented and tried to help me.

best regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines