Highlighted

Adobe Lightroom Mobile iOS - images uploaded to cloud

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone advise please what happens to the images that are synced or uploaded to the cloud using lightroom mobile?

If I delete the original file once it has been uploaded (for example to free up space on my iPad) then will the original always be accessible and easily downloadable from the cloud? And what about if I terminate my membership at some point int the future - will I still have access then?

apologies if an obvious question however I have spent almost an hour searching for the answer and there is no clear answer on this.

Yes once you received confirmation that everything is sync’d to the cloud you can clear the cache and camera roll if that is where they originated. After cancelling a subscription you have access to your files and edit settings for up to 12 months. Adobe provides a downloader tool if you wish to get everything back from the cloud.

https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Lightroom Mobile iOS - images uploaded to cloud

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone advise please what happens to the images that are synced or uploaded to the cloud using lightroom mobile?

If I delete the original file once it has been uploaded (for example to free up space on my iPad) then will the original always be accessible and easily downloadable from the cloud? And what about if I terminate my membership at some point int the future - will I still have access then?

apologies if an obvious question however I have spent almost an hour searching for the answer and there is no clear answer on this.

Yes once you received confirmation that everything is sync’d to the cloud you can clear the cache and camera roll if that is where they originated. After cancelling a subscription you have access to your files and edit settings for up to 12 months. Adobe provides a downloader tool if you wish to get everything back from the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome. Thanks for taking the time out to help a newbie  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not clear the files locally ... just from the camera roll. When you add from the camera roll its creati a copy in the lrcc app locally.... deleting from the camera roll doesn’t get rid of the original from the lrcc app. I can find no way of deleting the files from the app locally but keeping them on the cloud. Alternatively if you start from the desktop and then take a completely synced album now available to the iPad via cloud and select store locally... it will download those original files ... when you uncheck store locally it doesn’t delete the originals... can’t seem to find a way to free up space and eventually lrcc will fill my entire local iPad storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spoobie123  wrote

Alternatively if you start from the desktop and then take a completely synced album now available to the iPad via cloud and select store locally... it will download those original files ... when you uncheck store locally it doesn’t delete the originals... can’t seem to find a way to free up space and eventually lrcc will fill my entire local iPad storage.

Have you tried using the "Clear Cache" option after you uncheck the "Store Locally" option? That should delete the downloaded originals.

Alternatively, you could maybe think about downloading smart previews instead of originals. They're usually plenty good enough for viewing and light editing....I have 15k originals in the cloud, and every one is downloaded in smart preview format to my iPhone, they take up less than 12gb of space on my 256gb phone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessir I finally figured out that clear cache is the way to do it. I will keep whichever album I’m working on stored locally because I use affinity photo for iPad and I need the full resolution photo for editing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines