• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop Crash Mac while Editing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have been using Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop for some time now. I run the programs on a 2019 iMac and have been having Mac crashing Issues while editing in Adobe Lightroom and sometimes in Photoshop. I have attached my computer specs for refference. 

Specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

I import RAW photos from my Nikon D850 and often while editing I get a spinning wheel, then the screen freezes for a bit, I hear the fan pop on and then my entire MAC crashes and restarts. This has never happened before so i'm not sure why this recently started. My RAW files are roughly 55mb each and I have under 5,000 files in this specific lightroom catalog. This problem seems to carry over to photoshop once in a while when I edit lightroom photos witin photoshop. I am doing heavy editing such as several adjustment brushes and vibrant colors and such but I feel the mac specs should be able to handle it. Does anyone have any suggestions or information that can help resolve this issue as it can be very time consuming and I beleive bad for my MAC's health by letting it crash. Could it be presets I work with?  Please help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with both Lightroom and Photoshop. Which versions of Lightroom and Photoshop are you using? Do you get an error/prompt while the Mac is restarting? If yes, please let us know what it says. Also, you mentioned that you hear your fan pop on. Do you mean that the fans revs up really high and then the Mac completely shuts down? If yes, the issue may be due to the thermals of the machine where some component is getting very hot and the machine is shutting itself down to prevent the component from damaged.

You can try optimizing the preferences of both apps to check if it helps. You can check out the steps in the links mentioned below.

Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Lightroom Classic: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Also, if you are using macOS Catalina, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop and Lightroom added to the list with a check mark in front of them. If they are not a part of the list, please add them by unlocking the down first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop and Lightroom under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2017 5K Imac with the same GPU. I have the 4 Ghz i7 4 core. Same exact problem. Started in April and has gotten worse. It generally crashes for me specifically when I am using my Lacie Thunderbolt Drives with Iron Wolf drives. I have them connected from TB2 to TB3 (using an adapter). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same problem.  I can edit about 4 photos then it shuts down my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines