Highlighted

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom vs. Lightroom CC (Application Name / Features)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New guy here.  Okay - OLD New Guy. 

I just registered Adobe Photoshop Lightroom yesterday and was looking through online tutorials here and on the WWW. I am only finding Lightroom Classic (which I know I don't have) and Lightroom CC. 

The interface looks different on my Windows 10 machine from what I am seeing in the tutorials. 

Did Adobe rename "Adobe Lightroom CC" to "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" ??

When I click on the *about*, I see Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v3.00..

---

I really would like to be able to work on my photos without being tied to an Internet Connection and would rather be more selective as to what ends up in the cloud.

---

So my questions are -

1) What is the difference between "Adobe Lightroom CC" and "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"

2) Did I purchase the wrong product for working independent of Internet?

Thank you..

Regards - Randy

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom vs. Lightroom CC (Application Name / Features)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New guy here.  Okay - OLD New Guy. 

I just registered Adobe Photoshop Lightroom yesterday and was looking through online tutorials here and on the WWW. I am only finding Lightroom Classic (which I know I don't have) and Lightroom CC. 

The interface looks different on my Windows 10 machine from what I am seeing in the tutorials. 

Did Adobe rename "Adobe Lightroom CC" to "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" ??

When I click on the *about*, I see Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v3.00..

---

I really would like to be able to work on my photos without being tied to an Internet Connection and would rather be more selective as to what ends up in the cloud.

---

So my questions are -

1) What is the difference between "Adobe Lightroom CC" and "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"

2) Did I purchase the wrong product for working independent of Internet?

Thank you..

Regards - Randy

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC2015' is what is now called Lightroom Classic. Lightroom (version 3.0) is a new and different application, that stores the originals in the coud. If you mainly want to work independently from the internet, then you did indeed get the wrong plan. Contact Adobe to change it to the Photography Plan with Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Big-Foot LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I will be reaching out to get my plan switched over.  Odd thing is that it looks like the same money buys Photoshop as well as Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. 20GB of cloud vs. 1TB (which really doesn't matter to me),,  I wish I had looked deeper into this prior to pulling the trigger on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom..

Regards - Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines