• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeID for family member who only wishes to view shared albums

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud membership (Photography plan). I primarily use LR classic but also LR cloud/web/mobile to sync some of my collecitons/albums.  I turned on sharing in LR cloud and sent an invitation to my sister. Everything worked great. The photos are in my cloud, and my sister can view the album. ... but now (about 1 month in) when she tries to view she gets the message in the screenshotp below.... she has NOT downloaded any software, nor will she pay for any subscritiption.

Another boad I wrote this on assured me that her adobe ID allows her to see my photos for free foreever, but that doesn't seem to be working.  what should I tell her to do?

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 11.20.51.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app is your sister using to look at your shared album? It looks rather as if she may be trying to run Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot is definitely a software notice that the free trial to Photography Plan has ended.  Maybe your sister took out a trial and is confused about how all this works.

You have free Portfolio as part of your Photography Plan.  Why don't you use it?  

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

And Portfolio syncs to your Lightroom Albums/Collections to make uploading images  a snap.  If desired, you can password protect your Portfolio sites or pages to keep the public out. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000628673-How-does-password-protection-work-

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes I'm pretty sure she did somehow start a trial. But since she lives in UK and i'm in US i can't pop round to check. How do I suggest she undoes the trial and just has an adobeID without strings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I will look into portfolio thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I watched a video on portfolio and I"m not certain its what I needed as I want my viewers to be able to see the LR keywords. None the less I tried to link a LR album to portfolio, and it failed as the re are too many photos in the album (i cannot figure out the limit" So I don't thin that will be th answer form me but thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To cancel a trial or subscription, log-in to your Adobe Account at

https://account.adobe.com

For details, see this help article

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Send an Invite" is designed for other Lightroom users to comment on photos.

For family members you only need to set your Synced Collection as "Public" and give them the web link.

Done very simply in Lr-Classic-

Click the [Make Public] tab above the Grid view of the Synced Collection,

ScreenShot328.jpg

and you get a web link to share to anyone. And they do not need an Adobe ID, nor do they need to Sign-In.

ScreenShot329.jpg

ScreenShot330.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. However making the album public then doesn't give the option for password etc. I don't want the entire world to see our childhood photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Make Public" only means that any member of the public that you share the URL with can view the album without having to have an Adobe ID. They still need that URL though.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message about the expired trial can be ignored....your sister IS logged in to her Adobe account, and can therefore click on the invitation link again and it should open into the online album where she can review and comment as before.

The problem seems to be caused by the "clock" starting on the trial period as soon as the user creates a new Adobe account, even if no attempt to download any apps is made. Thus when the user logs into the account again some time later, they are met with that accurate but distinctly unhelpful message....I ran into the same issue yesterday using an old test ID that I had created months ago, but I did verify that the "expired status" did NOT prevent me from accessing online albums as a "signed-in" user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. I have also been having a parallel conversation with adobe help... their first solution was to have my sister pay (we rejected that) and now they have requested that my sister directly contact them to "untrial" her account. However I'll now also get het to try the link again and will report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Make sure she logins in to the Adobe account again (just in case she routinely clears the browser cache), before clicking on the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines