Highlighted

After changing account email I cannot deactivate Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lr 6.1.14 on macOS 10.14.6. I have Lr installed on my Mac mini and a MacBook Pro. 

I changed my Adobe account email address, then in Lr 6, signed out from the old address and then signed in with the new.

Now I get a message saying my serial number is already in use and I need to deactivate another computer within 29 days.

But there is no option to deactivate that I can see anywhere. A post I found here says you just need to sign out ... which I did ...

So I click the link for customer support ~ Contact Us "Real help from real people" ~ of course, silly me, there is no customer support!

If there is a way to contact any "real Adobe people" it's extremely well hidden!

So hoping some real person on this forum can help me!

BTW - I went back to my account profile to change back to my old email address, but my old address was not accepted - I got the error messag "Primary email must have a valid value" ... so I am completely stuck.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After changing account email I cannot deactivate Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lr 6.1.14 on macOS 10.14.6. I have Lr installed on my Mac mini and a MacBook Pro. 

I changed my Adobe account email address, then in Lr 6, signed out from the old address and then signed in with the new.

Now I get a message saying my serial number is already in use and I need to deactivate another computer within 29 days.

But there is no option to deactivate that I can see anywhere. A post I found here says you just need to sign out ... which I did ...

So I click the link for customer support ~ Contact Us "Real help from real people" ~ of course, silly me, there is no customer support!

If there is a way to contact any "real Adobe people" it's extremely well hidden!

So hoping some real person on this forum can help me!

BTW - I went back to my account profile to change back to my old email address, but my old address was not accepted - I got the error messag "Primary email must have a valid value" ... so I am completely stuck.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?