Highlighted

After Migration I lost ALL my albums!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used File>Migrate From>Lightroom Classic Catalog and waited for 14K images to load. NO ALBUMS. Everything is a hodgepodge lumped together. Needless to say, my anger is at an all-time high and I've been searching everywhere for a solution. I don't want to revisit dozens of events and recreate albums for 14K images!!

Help???

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Migration I lost ALL my albums!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used File>Migrate From>Lightroom Classic Catalog and waited for 14K images to load. NO ALBUMS. Everything is a hodgepodge lumped together. Needless to say, my anger is at an all-time high and I've been searching everywhere for a solution. I don't want to revisit dozens of events and recreate albums for 14K images!!

Help???

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete, the preparatory steps are detailed at this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not have albums, so you can't lose them. Did you use collections in Lightroom Classic? When you migrate a Lightroom Classic catalog, then collections in Lightroom Classic will become albums in Lightroom. If you expected your folder structure in Lightroom Classic to become albums, then that is not correct.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Macuzer LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, it's been resolved. I simply went back to Classic and removed CC which was the issue. Everything is there and I'm happier than one could ever be that I did not lose anything!! Thank you (and 99jon) for your guidance!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines